Breakfast Dittisham England
A slice of luxury in wildest Devon: beautifully designed longhouse, British art, cultured hosts, great breakfasts. Views soar to Dartmoor
Close to Totnes and Dartmouth yet out in the wilds, this ridge-top house and barn have glorious views to the moor. A Devon longhouse that was once in poor repair, all has been transformed by oak - seasoned and new – while the front sports a gorgeous conservatory. Graham sells British art (on fabulous display), Nichola is an interior designer, together they run truly welcoming B&B. Find lots of delicious choices at breakfast including bacon from their own pigs and homelaid eggs; super-comfy bedrooms with electronic blinds; state of the art bathrooms; a suite with its own slice of garden. Books and DVDs on tap, local tipples in the honesty bar too.
Features Wheelchair access At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible. Limited mobility At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps. Children welcome Kids of all ages can stay. No smoking Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property. Credit cards Credit or debit card payment accepted. English spoken Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not. Air conditioning Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned. WiFi Wireless internet access available. Pets welcome Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets. Public transport Within 10 miles of a bus/train station. Working farm Or vineyard. Owner has pets Animals living on the property. Swimming pool On the premises. Bikes available On the premises to hire or borrow. Tennis court On the premises. Vegetarian meals Available on request. Licensed premises Alcohol may be served. Cash only Credit or debit card payment not accepted. Dogs welcome Dogs welcome in some public rooms. Handpumped ales Pub serves four or more handpumped ales. Wine list Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass. Food all day Food is served all day long. Babies welcome Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from Graham & Nichola Hawkins:
Local points of interest from
Graham & Nichola Hawkins:
- Kerswell Farmhouse is a short drive from some of Britain’s most splendid landscapes including tall sea cliffs and rugged shorelines, the wild expanses of Dartmoor and beautiful estuaries winding between thickly-wooded banks.
- Close to Kerswell Farmhouse there is a wide selection of inns and restaurants including the riverside Maltsters Arms at Tuckenhay and Ferry Boat Inn at Dittisham. There is also fine dining at The Seahorse in Dartmouth and The Laughing Monk at Street.
- For the adventurous Graham offers day-long treks and guided tours in the locality, including Conan Doyle’s Dartmoor and The Hound of the Baskervilles, Agatha Christie’s Devon, D-Day in the South Hams and Tin Mining on Dartmoor.
- Kerswell Farmhouse is only 15 minutes from Dartmouth in its bustling seafaring setting and the ancient market town of Totnes and 35 minutes from Brixham’s fishing harbour and Ashburton with its many antique shops.
- The Blue Flag beach of Blackpool Sands, two steam railways, five National Trust properties, two English Heritage castles and gardens, museums and ancient churches aplenty are all within easy reach as well two golf courses, riding stables and fly fishing.
"A wonderful friendly place to stay in complete luxury. Beautifully appointed bedrooms reflecting Nichola's interior design background, and modern luxury bathrooms. Dinner was exceptionally well cooked and generous portions, breakfast was fantastic. The whole experience was one to remember and we will certainly be recommending Kerswell Farmhouse to all our friends. We hope to return soon to experience such warm hospitality again."
"We received a really warm welcome from Graham and Nichola to their beautiful home. There was nothing to fault - food, room, bathroom, view, general comfort were all outstanding. We wish we could have stayed longer. We can thoroughly recommend Kerswell."