Kilbury Manor - Bed & Breakfast in Devon
A handsome house, generous hosts, organic salmon for breakfast and the softest linen: rest limbs weary from long Dartmoor walks. Spot-on
You can stroll down to the Dart from the garden and onto their little island, when the river’s not in spate! Back at the Manor – a listed longhouse from the 1700s – are four super-comfortable bedrooms, the most private in the stone barn. Your genuinely welcoming hosts (with dogs Dillon and Buster) moved to Devon to renovate a big handsome house and open it to guests. Julia does everything beautifully so there’s organic smoked salmon and delicious French toast for breakfast, baskets of toiletries by the bath, the best linen on the best beds and a drying room for wet gear – handy if you’ve come to walk the Moor. Spot-on B&B.
Features Wheelchair access At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible. Limited mobility At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps. Children welcome Kids of all ages can stay. No smoking Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property. Credit cards Credit or debit card payment accepted. English spoken Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not. Air conditioning Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned. WiFi Wireless internet access available. Pets welcome Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets. Public transport Within 10 miles of a bus/train station. Working farm Or vineyard. Owner has pets Animals living on the property. Swimming pool On the premises. Bikes available On the premises to hire or borrow. Tennis court On the premises. Vegetarian meals Available on request. Licensed premises Alcohol may be served. Cash only Credit or debit card payment not accepted. Dogs welcome Dogs welcome in some public rooms. Handpumped ales Pub serves four or more handpumped ales. Wine list Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass. Food all day Food is served all day long. Babies welcome Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from Julia & Martin Blundell:
Local points of interest from
Julia & Martin Blundell:
- Explore Dartmoor- a spectacular landscape of open moorland and steep river valleys. Discover the hidden gems of Dartmoor - we can organise your own local guide to show you the antiquities, geology & natural history of this amazing landscape.
- Drive to some of the most beautiful coastal areas of south Devon - Dartmouth, Salcombe, Bantham, Bigbury, &Blackpool Sands are within a 45 minute drive. Sail, surf or just sunbathe these coastal towns are simply stunning.
- Sit back and relax and take a nostalic trip on a steam engine with the South Devon Railway. Experience the best of unspolit Devon as the train runs along the beautiful River Dart between Buckfastleigh and Totnes. Operates from March to October.
- Local restaurants have gained a reputation of being among the finest in the country. Try the Riverford Field Kitchen, serving amazing organic food in informal surroundings. Experience fine dining at the Mitchelin starred "The Elephant" in Torquay.
- Visit the historic towns of Totnes. A vibrant town with antique shops, art galleries, tea-rooms and a wide selection of individual shops. Buy local produce at the weekend market. Explore the castle and Guild Hall or take a boat trip to Dartmouth.
- Visit the historic gardens on the Dartington Estate. These Grade 2* listed gardens are open all year, and include a sculpture by Henry Moore and 500 year old Spanish chestnut trees. Beautiful and tranquil.
Points of interest
"I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Kilbury Manor. Perfect hosts, beautiful garden, very quiet, superb breakfasts and an excellent venue for touring Dartmoor. Highly recommended!"
Jenny - Liskeard, United Kingdom
"Best place we've stayed, a real hidden gem. Quality accommodation and sense of luxury from the Egyptian cotton bedding to the toiletries. Breakfast was again quality, plenty to set you up for the day. Ask for the scrambled eggs, you won't be disappointed. Hosts are friendly and welcoming not forgetting the two lovely little dogs. Was sad to leave. Thank you both, it was delightful ! "
Jill - ️Usk, United Kingdom
"My husband and I spent a month touring England, staying in some lovely B&B's and we both agreed that Kilbury Manor was our favourite! Everything about this welcoming guesthouse is superb, from the warm welcome by Julia and Martin when we arrived, to our fabulous accommodation in the garden room and the delicious breakfasts each morning.. We were so delighted with the high quality of all the amenities and we thoroughly enjoyed walking around the spacious grounds down to the Dart River. We highly recommend this B&B for a tranquil and luxurious get-away! Thank you Julia and Martin!"
Susan - Vancouver, Canada
"Very good B&B. Accommodation was excellent, breakfast excellent, and Julia and Martin very welcoming and helpful. For ex, we have a toddler, and she was thoughtful enough to buy full fat milk while shopping so we had fresh milk for our daughter. Highly recommended."