Breakfast Strete Devon
Your hosts live the dream, running stylish, contemporary, heart-warming B&B with a view of the sea. And a lovely dining pub a walk away...
Contemporary, friendly, exotic and exquisite: French sleigh beds and Asian art, white basins and black chandeliers, and a garden with sofas for the views. So much to love – and best of all, the coastal path outside the door. Your caring hosts live the dream, running immaculate B&B by the sea, in an old manor house at the top of the village. Breakfasts are exuberantly local (village eggs, sausages from Dartmouth, honey from the bay), there’s a wood-burner in the sitting room, warm toasty floors and Kevin and Stuart know exactly which beach, walk or pub is the one for you. Heavenly.
Local points of interest from Stuart Litster & Kevin Hooper:
Local points of interest from
Stuart Litster & Kevin Hooper:
- Blackpool Sands – Crescent shaped beach set in a sheltered bay surrounded by evergreens and pines with turquoise blue sea giving it an almost Mediterranean feel.
- Slapton Ley and Beach - Long stretch of beach and the largest freshwater lake in South West England.
- South West Coast Path – Dramatic walks including, Strete to Little Dartmouth, East Prawle and Start Point.
- Dartmouth – Picturesque market town set on the banks of the estuary of the River Dart with numerous shops and great places to eat.
- Greenway - National Trust; the former home of Agatha Christie set on the banks of the River Dart.
- Coleton Fishacre - National Trust; a glorious garden by the sea, with an Arts & Crafts-style house, featuring Art Deco-influenced interiors.