Coombe House & Cottages South Brent
Devon is one the best places to live – its official (Country Life). The places listed below are “suggestions” based on several years experience and feedback form our guests. Please ask if you wish to know more about any of the attractions. There are several attractions which do not need your car and make use of public transport.
Our top Ten Things to do while you are staying at Blackadon Barn Holiday Cottages in South Devon.
- A day on the Beach at Blackpool Sands or Mothecombe or Bigbury and visit Burgh Island.
- A walk from the back of the Farm on to the edge of Dartmoor.
- Walk from Salcombe to Bolt Head along the South West Coastal Path
- A day along the River Dart, by Train and Boat, Dartmouth & Totnes.
- A trip to East Prawle, Start Point, Torcross and Slapton Ley
- A drive on Dartmoor, Widecombe, Haytor, Two Bridges and Princetown
- Visit the Eden Project and experience the Cornish Coast
- A day in Plymouth National Marine Aquarium and a walk on the Hoe
- Surf or Body Board at Bantham
- An evening stroll & a meal at one the great pubs in South Devon
- Mothecombe, Bigbury on Sea and Bantham
- Thurlestone, South Milton and Hope Cove
- Salcombe – North & South Sands + East Portlemouth
- Slapton Sands & Blackpool S&s
- Torbay – Brixham, Goodington, Paignton &Torquay
National Trust Properties
- Indoor tennis Centre
- Indoor Swimming pools
- Town Trail and circular walks to explore
- Lukelands Garden
Traffic free Cycle ways
- Plym trail, Plympton
- Exe Estuary Trail
- Tarka Trail – Barnstaple
- Granite Way – Oakhampton
- Camel Trail – Padstowe / Liskeard
There are several cycle routes on lanes or bridleways for all levels across South Devon & Dartmoor
Golf, Surfing, Badminton, Squash, Riding, Trekking, Sailing, Canoeing, Snorkeling and Scuba Diving
Fishing- fly, beach, boat & course
Hashing – a local pastime ” warning – can seriously improve your health”
Canoe Tamar. Take a journey between the historic quays of Morwellham and Cotehele with a short break at the village of Calstock. Experience the delight of gliding in a silent boat in some of the most beautiful scenery in England, past steeply sloping woodland, old quays, mine chimneys, farms and boatyards.
Learn to manoeuvre your own Canadian canoe in complete safety, traveling at your speed on a gently flowing river with a qualified guide. Enjoy the river’s bird life, heron, water fowl and kingfisher, see a salmon leaping, perhaps a seal or an otter. www.canoetamar.co.uk
Comprehensive information available for all types of walks from Mark and Jacky. There are so many possibilities to suit all requirements of duration, grade & distance. There are guided walks taking pace most days across South Hams.
- Coastal & Estuary
- Green Lanes & Footpaths
- Walks on Dartmoor
Interesting Towns & Villages
|Bovey Tracey||Looe||Ivybridge||South Brent|
( All offer good food ) Places to get a warm welcome
|The Horse & Groom, Bittaford||The Oak in South Brent|
|The Ship in Ugborough||The Avonwick Inn at Avonwick|
|The George at Blackawton||The Old Inn at Halwell|
|The Tower at Slapton||The Pigs Nose at East Prawle|
|The Pilchard on Burgh Island||The Swan & The Ship at Noss Mayo|
|The Royal Oak Bigbury||The Mill at Avonwick|
|The Pack Horse South Brent|