Places to stay in Devon UK
At Visit Devon, our mission is to bring you everything you could possibly need for the best holiday Devon has to offer. So let’s start off with taking a quick tour around some of the types of accommodation you can book for your Devon holidays.
The hotels in Devon are some of the best in the country - from small and friendly to grand and luxurious. A bed and breakfast or guest house may be more your style; we've lots to choose from. You might prefer to get closer to nature on a campsite, caravan park or holiday park - or a farm holiday or glamping site. Self catering might appeal, with the freedom that entails, or you might be looking for a budget break. Or you could decide to plan your holiday by choosing from Devon's serviced apartments - and take a look here if you have any special requirements.
Whether it’s a cute boutique hotel, laid back self-catering, camping or the ultimate traditional B&B, Devon has it all. Our beautiful county also offers more unusual holidays, with static yachts moored in some of our picturesque quayside locations (if you haven’t quite got your sea-legs yet) or a VW camper van for that real ‘surf’s up’ feel!
And if you want to go carbon-neutral, we’ve got a great selection of green holiday destinations endorsed by the Green Tourism Business Scheme and the David Bellamy Conservation Awards - or get a true taste of life in our wonderful county with a farmhouse holiday.
Urban chic or rural idyll?
While holidays in Devon are often all about idyllic countryside breaks, we can offer you some tempting urban chic too. A city boutique hotel in Plymouth or Exeter gives you all the advantages of urban living with great locations, plenty of history, some truly amazing retail therapy and a selection of the best restaurants in the UK. Plus you have the added bonus of being just minutes away from some of the most stunning scenery in the country.
Alternatively, get back to nature with a self-catering cottage next to the beach, or go for a log cabin (or even treehouse!) in the woods.
Go glamping in style
Devon's been at the centre of the glamping revolution, and it's easy to see why - the beautiful coast and countryside provides the perfect setting. You'll find beautifully kitted out yurts, safari tents and pods, often with wood buring stoves and outdoor verandahs complete with barbecues. Who said you can't camp in style?
In this section
- With so much to do and see in our beautiful county, a stay at a Devon hotel provides a wonderfully relaxing base to return to at the end of a day out.
- From five-star luxury to a family-run home from home, there's a bed and breakfast or guesthouse in Devon for you.
- The beauty of self-catering in Devon in a holiday cottage is that you get to enjoy your holiday at your pace, with no hotel timetables or set meal times to stick to - bliss!
- From family-run parks off the beaten track to locations that offer every facility on-site, the campsites in Devon are some of the best in the UK.
- If you want all the facilities of a hotel with a touch of the outdoors, head for one of the many fantastic and great-value holiday parks in Devon.